ant-dev mailing list archives

From jeff drost <jeffdr...@yahoo.com>
Subject mutable filters?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:10:56 GMT
I am will aware that properties are not mutable, but what about filters?

I took a peak at the implementation of FilterSet.  When a new Filter is added
it is appended to the *end* of a Vector.

When processing text, the replaceTokens() method calls getFilterHash() which
creates a new Hashtable and populates it with the values of the filters in the
Vector.  It populates the hashtable by iterating over the Vector in the order
they were added.  This means that I can define the same filter value twice, and
the second one will take priority.

This &#34;feature&#34; of filters does not seem to be too widely advertised.
Any thoughts?

Jeff