ant-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <>
Subject Re: Classloaders and optional.jar (was Re: My itches for 1.6)
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:28:59 GMT
Quoting Stefan Bodewig <>:

> On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, <> wrote:
> > IMHO the biggest problem at this moment is the fact that
> > optional.jar is loaded in the system class loader.
> We probably all agree on this. 8-) We could dramatically improve the
> situation by a very simple step though, splitting up optional.jar
> along its dependencies.
> People don't want to extract a couple of classes from optional.jar to
> get <junit> working the way they'd like it to work, but simply moving
> junit-tasks.jar out of ANT_HOME/lib would probably work for them.
> I'm willing to make that my itch after the top level tasks thingy is
> done. 8-)

Splitting the optional jar into smaller parts, will also be a great help for
packagers. We still have problems with the parts of optional related to non OSS
stuff, ie VAJ, Starteam, Weblogic.

My +1 to split optional jar into smaller parts...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message