ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.5 Final Release
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:40:54 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.5 Final Release

> Are we satisfied that any still outstanding bugs marked Blocker, Critical,
> or Major are okay to be left unfixed for now? (Just doing a quick scan
> through, it looks 6323 was on the verge of getting fixed, for example.)
> For the complete list, see:

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSI
GNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=Blocker&bug_severity=Critical&bug_seve
rity=Major&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtyp
e2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&changedin=&votes=&ch
fieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&product=Ant&component=Build+Process&c
omponent=Core&component=Core+tasks&component=Documentation&component=Optiona
l+Tasks&component=Other&component=Wrapper+scripts&short_desc=&short_desc_typ
e=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_
file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&field0-0-0=noo
p&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit

There are some defects w/ jspc that I'd like to address, but dont have the
time to sit down and do the test cases needed to show the fixes work,

1. report of an NPE if you add non jps pages to the includes list
2. you cant use the webapp param because the task demands inclusions
3. report that we cant handle pages like 404.jsp  (may be a jasperism)

If anyone else wants to look at them today, that would be great. But if they
dont make it into the build, then they dont. I think jspc is brittle enough
that we will be referring people to CVS head for later versions from day two
anyhow.

The other thing that I had been looking at was adding more packages to the
classloader for <java> fork=false on java1.4; although the code is ready to
go (uncomment one line in classloader), and I've been running it myself ok,
I want to hold that back till 1.6 as it is too fundamental a change to turn
on now.

Other than the jspc changes (I'd like to look at (1) and (2) if I get a
chance), I am +1 on shipping. So I will ask everyone else, should we ship
with the jspc defects or not?
-Steve