ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Ara Abrahamian" <ara_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Ant Security
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:09:16 GMT
I'm sure users will end up becoming more confused: "hey but I have
version x of library y but ant downloaded version z and it doesn't work
any more". Or "I'm building a project at home and although I have
junit.jar but Ant suddenly decided to download it again from the site
over my slow connection". And automatic start of updates without the
user approving it is bad imho.

Imho a better solution is: define in antlib's deployment descriptor
files which jars the task depends upon and show an error message if that
jar is not found. That's exactly what we're doing in XDoclet 1.2. So if
you use webdoclet but javax.servlet is missing we show an error message
according to the <class-dependency/> of the module.xml descriptor file.

Ara.