ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Ara Abrahamian" <>
Subject RE: Ant 2 et al.
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:09:16 GMT
> The main issue to me, and I am not completely sure it is fixed in the
> proposals,
> is the ClassLoaders mess that we have today. With the current policy
> every badly written task that works today must continue to work in the
> future
> there is little posibility to fix this problem. A problem that
> is completely
> fixable in Ant1, there has been several patches that did it.

AntClassLoader really sucks. In XDoclet's xjavadoc module we're
resolving types in java codes by doing a Class.forName in some stages
and it's interesting to see that in most cases we're wasting 95% of time
in AntClassLoader (in all those spaghetti messy checks). I know you
can't change AntClassLoader radically in Ant1.x but at least spend some
time optimizing it :-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message