ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: My itches for 1.6
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:18:47 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <costinm@covalent.net>

> I think we should first agree that <test:task> is at least against the
> recommendations of the XML spec in the last 2-3 years.

I don't understand what you mean here sorry, must have missed something.

> IMHO the biggest problem at this moment is the fact that optional.jar
> is loaded in the system class loader. If we fix that, we can easily
> get junit and all the optional tasks to work without files in ant/lib.

Why optional only ? Other tasks are being in the core and depend also on a
couple of things.
>From the top of my head <style> that uses JAXP or not JAXP now as it
instantiates the implementation to allow uses of different xsl processors.
We have also the regexp factory. If I'm not wrong it will use the caller
classloader right now, so as it is in the core, you are out of luck.

> There are 2 solutions for that - one is to use a tomcat-like loader
> hierarchy. The other is to do a small hack ( I already checked some
> code in PH2 ) - create an AntClassLoader in non-delegating mode and
> load all the optional tasks through this loader.

If you use a tomcat like hierarchy, what is your plan ? a small bootstrap,
core loader, optional loader, and a common loader as the parent of both ?