ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] target-less build files
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:27:52 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
[...]
> I like target-less build files as an easy entry for newbies as well as
> a stripped down process for very simple things (Ant's own docs.xml
> could perfectly be stated without targets at all).

mmm.. I have a question then.
What happens when there is a target AND target-less elements ? is that
allowed ?
If yes, what about elements order then ? is it a problem to do the following
?
<project>
<javac/>
<target name="x"/>
<javac/>
</project>
At this minute, I'm not that much convinced about the interest of target
less build file but I believe you have a very valid reason to think about
it. It is just that right now, I cannot see really what will be the benefit
compared to default="something".