ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Planning for 1.5.1?
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 18:06:49 GMT
1. no enhancements, only bug fixes, and even then ones that have 0% of
backwards compatibility issues. This is because we want 1.5.1 to be a drop
in replacement for 1.5; no new learning, no new features, just fixes.

2. One option might be a new drop every 3 months of bug fixes; extra work
but maybe something to consider now that ant is both mature and essential.
And it leaves the way open for 1.5 to be the last ever officially 1.1
compliant version

magesh says
>(We may even put up a 'Issues discovered Post-release'
>section in the download area and suggest
>workarounds to minimize support calls.)

This would be good.