ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test - please ignore
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:12:14 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.heck@olin.edu>

> That is interesting. Does apache.org have any level of spam filtering?
> Do any of the rules in your client catch and discard it? Or are you
> reading the mail as forwarded to another account which might be down
> wind of filtering?

mails are forwarded to both my work and personal account. I have dozen of
rules at work and especially one that send to junk all emails with a korean
charset..at home nothing of this sort. So I can say that I don't get much
spam. I received one from a french IT company yesterday in less than 5
minutes to both my personal and apache account and it was immediately
reported to yahoo as they used an account as a reply mail, to the the
CNIL(*) which is a french commission in charge of insuring privacy related
to personal data collected via computer means, etc...they recently set a
special email address to forward spam mails in order to get figures about
the spam problem in france (for the little story, the account was full few
hours after being up :).

It's normally quite efficient to threaten a french company by reporting to
the CNIL...

CNIL means Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libert├ęs..which
could be literally translated as National Commission of Computer Science and
Freedom or whatever but you get the idea :)