ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: 1.1 compat ( was Re: Death of a mutant ...
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:26:30 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: 1.1 compat ( was Re: Death of a mutant ...

> On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
>
> > too late: nant.sourceforge.net
> >
> > its use of GPL kind of cripples it;
>
> It sure does.
>
> > you wont see an MS supported add in for vs-net for example.
>
> I'm not sure whether they'll need it.  The project itself seems fairly
> healthy and even if you say adoption is fairly low, they have a buch
> of quite active contributors.

I agree, nant seems to ambling along nicely, and the Genghis project is
acting as one of its stress tests. (see sellsbrothers.com for info on
Genghis; its all the stuff left out of windows forms for .NET)

last time I was up in redmond, I had a discussion on the subject of xAnt and
xUnit ; some MS people do recognise that ant/junit are improving the dev
process, but they cited licensing issues as barriers to their use. I think
that means it was someone else's idea. They really need something that takes
wsdl and generates nunit tests; there are no GPL issues there.

-Steve