ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: ImageManip
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:34:00 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Z Grey" <kzgrey@ntplx.net>

> >One thing I'm looking for is to do image thumbnailing though, complete
with
> >dependency checking to only process files that are newer than their
> >thumbnail version and such.  Currently this task does not do dependency
> >checking, and appears to overwrite the original files, right?  And it
only
> >writes out JPEG's??

So you could add thumbnailing easily?  If so, once you submit that then you
got me sold!

> Correct, I threw it out as a demo to see if I could get some fishies to
> bite.  The intention is to have it handle dependencies and various image
> formats.

Excellent.

> Yes, absolutely.  I'll re-work what I've got and send you some diffs to
> base everything else off of.  Realistically I'll have the chance to get
> rolling on this around this weekend.

Base it all off the HEAD of Ant's CVS (just in case you were working off the
1.5 branch).

I'm eager to use this stuff - although the only thing I want at the moment
is thumbnailing.  Watermarking images would be something I'd be potentially
interested in also.

    Erik