ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: 1.1 compat ( was Re: Death of a mutant ...
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:52:56 GMT

----- Original Message -----
> Don't forget the Microsoft J++ and J# implementations which are stuck in
> the JDK 1.1 timewarp.  Ant does run last time I checked with the
> Microsoft VM, but I haven't tried building with J#.

you'd have fun bootstrapping it without a <jsc> task.

> JDK 1.1 support
> avoids having somebody splitting off a Ant wannabe in C#.

too late: nant.sourceforge.net

its use of GPL kind of cripples it; you wont see an MS supported add in for
vs-net for example. Adoption of nant is actually fairly low; partly because
everyone in .net land currently has a choice of one IDE, and a good one a
that. Not as good as intellij for refactoring, but ok for other things.