ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <>
Subject Re: Trouble writing a FilterReader
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:06:13 GMT
How do you declare your filterreader in your
build.xml file?  Do you wish to use it in the long
form (recommended):

    <filterreader classname="">
      <param name="foo" value="bar"/>

or do you wish to use the short form syntax (for
which you would need to alter

  <nestedelem value="foo">
  <nestedelem value="bar">

If you are going to use the long form - as
I suspect you are - since you extended
BaseParamFilterReader, the _only_ nested
element that you can use is <param>.

For Ant to recognize your addConfiguredXXX, you
would need to touch the file
and add your filter reader to it (Note: you would
be altering Ant's codebase to achieve this.)

Does this clarify things a bit?

*  Politician: One who shakes your hand before  *
*  elections and your confidence after.         *