ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trouble writing a FilterReader
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:06:13 GMT
Hi,
How do you declare your filterreader in your
build.xml file?  Do you wish to use it in the long
form (recommended):

    <filterreader classname="your.extension.of.java.io.FilterReader">
      <param name="foo" value="bar"/>
    </filterreader>

or do you wish to use the short form syntax (for
which you would need to alter
jakarta-ant\src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\types\FilterChain.java)

<yourfilter>
  <nestedelem value="foo">
  <nestedelem value="bar">
</yourfilter>

If you are going to use the long form - as
I suspect you are - since you extended
BaseParamFilterReader, the _only_ nested
element that you can use is <param>.

For Ant to recognize your addConfiguredXXX, you
would need to touch the FilterChain.java file
and add your filter reader to it (Note: you would
be altering Ant's codebase to achieve this.)

Does this clarify things a bit?

Cheers,
Magesh

*  Politician: One who shakes your hand before  *
*  elections and your confidence after.         *