ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <>
Subject Re: Problems with <import>
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 06:56:39 GMT
From: "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <>

> wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 wrote:
> >
> The fact is that we need to be able to run *any* task at init.
> There are two options:
> 1) make all tasks runnable top-level
> 2) deprecate using top-level tasks and add an <init> tag
> I favor 2, also because 1 vas vetoed I guess, it breaks some
> functionality currently, and makes it possible to add tags between
> target definitions, which is really confusing IMO, since it implies
> wrongly that the tasks there will be run /between/ targets, which is not
> the case.

So, are variable declarations in Java confusing just because the language
allows you to declare the variable AFTER it use in a method?

Is it confusing that you can define static blocks in Java interspersed with
your method definitions and they are executed in the order they appear?
Do you know you can do the same with non-static initialization blocks?

Different people organize their Java files differently, the same can apply
to ANT files. We do not need to impose our views. The important thing
is to impose a clear set of concepts.

Jose Alberto

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>