ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Death of a mutant ...
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 07:35:40 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:
>
> > Well, if everyone else feels 1.1 shouldn't be supported - it only
> > takes a vote to remove that requirement. Even for 1.6 - the
> > commiters set the rules. I won't -1 it.
>
> I haven't read all the mails in this thread yet, so my answer may be
> premature, but I hope I don't have to write a second one.
>
> We already have voted on this and the outcome is that whatever we call
> Ant 1.x is compatible with JDK 1.1 and whatever we call Ant 2.x is
> free to require JDK 1.2.
>
> No need for another vote.

Well, the whole point (or at least part of the point) of this thread is that many
people are starting to believe that ANT2 will never happen. That we have by de facto
taken the evolutionary route and we will keep on adding any new functionality
of the ANT2 proposal to the ANT1.

If this is the case, it is disingenuous to say that the JDK issue has been settled.

Jose Alberto