ant-dev mailing list archives

From "David Morris" <David.Mor...@plumcreek.com>
Subject Re: FTP Support
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:46:06 GMT
Stefan,

It is not a requirement to switch packages, and I guess that answers
the question of whether this belongs in Ant -- it does at least until
the new commons.net package is released.

Thanks,

David Morris

>>> bodewig@apache.org 06/12/02 10:24AM >>>
On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, David Morris <David.Morris@plumcreek.com> wrote:

> Here is a patch for the FTP class that allows FTP to work against an
> iSeries system.

David,

you are switching from NetComponents to commons-net with your patch,
is this necessary to get the bug fixed?

If yes, we cannot apply it to the 1.5 branch as commons-net hasn't had
a release yet (and Ant releases shouldn't require people to use
unreleased code).

I'd be very happy to replace NetComponents with commons-net for <ftp>
and <telnet> rather soon (i.e. for 1.6) - getting commons-net to be
buildable by Gump would be a great start for that, of course.

Stefan