ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: Subelements and logging
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 19:15:23 GMT
If I wasn't using the addConfiguredXXXX methods, I could pass the task into the constructor,
but since that route won't work for me, I'm guessing I'll have to be dependent on Ant classes.

Does this sound correct to you guys?

Kyle

>>> jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com 06/07/02 03:01PM >>>
Nevermind.... this trick doesn't apply to sub-elements, only to tasks.
Stefan's suggestion is the way to have direct easy access to Ant's logging
capabilities in sub-elements.

My preference would be to use a different pattern such that sub-elements
have no dependency on Ant classes or API's at all - and develop a way for
your task and sub-elements to communicate with one another for logging.

    Erik