ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: differences in target / depends
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:15:59 GMT
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Keith Wannamaker <Keith@Wannamaker.org> wrote:

> The only bug I can see from glancing at the
> code is that JunitTestRunner restores System.out's
> value to System.err.

Ahh, thanks, fixed now.

> While that appears incorrect, I'm still tracking down why, in
> practice, my (unforked) junit task never restores System.out.

Are you sure it doesn't?

While running in Ant's VM, you never get access to System.out/.err
directly, they will always be DemuxOutputStreams that relay the output
to the loggers (via the Task's handleOutput and handleErrorOutput
methods, note that JUnitTask overrides those).  Because of this,
System.out and .err are effectively line-buffered and you have no
chance to avoid it.

Stefan