ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant Main.ja va Diagnostics.java
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:27:05 GMT
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Stephane Bailliez <stephane.bailliez@haht.com>
wrote:

> Do you by that that beside <work ..  build/classes"/> was after the
> <depend ... dist-ant/> it actually was 'in front' in the classpath ?

The order doesn't matter, build.xsl will always put work in front of
<depend>.

> Considering the fact that Package includes a isCompatible with
> method that does this,

>From my reading of Package#isCompatibleWith you'd get 1.5 is
compatible with 1.4 which clearly is not the case for us - no matter
which way you turn it.  optional.jar for 1.4 is not compatible with
Ant 1.5, and swapping the version numbers won't work either.

> But do we want this to be detected at startup or we don't care but
> in diagnostic mode ?

I'd probably print a warning messages at startup if the version
numbers are not compatible, but not cause a build failure.

Stefan