ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant Main.ja va Diagnostics.java
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:56:21 GMT
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Stephane Bailliez <stephane.bailliez@haht.com>
wrote:

> this must be because the loaded package 'o.a.t.a' is not the one
> from the bootstrap jar (that contains the Manifest) but from the
> build/classes.

Hmm, shouldn't be that way - I'll have to look into it a bit deeper.
ant.jar (the one created in dist-ant) is on the CLASSPATH and should
come in front of any classes directory.  If not, I'll have to fix
Gump.

> I can assume that null = null is ok and is a 'test' mode though.

I'm not too sure.  Also I'm not sure whether using optional.jar
compiled with 1.5beta3 should really cause a build failure when used
with Ant 1.5beta2.

Stefan