ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I debug what's in a path?
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 15:02:16 GMT
On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Shorn Tolley <shorn_tolley@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Then, we have a task that looks like this:
>     <available property="regexp.present"
>                classname="org.apache.regexp.RE"
>                classpathref="test.classpath" />
>
> This is supposed to search for the RE class *only* on the
> 'test.classpath', right?

No.  Well in the build.sysclasspath=ignore case, maybe it is, but
that's not the way it is implemented.

<available> like most other places that use custom classloaders will
use a delegating classloader - which will delegate to the system
classloader first.  Setting build.sysclasspath doesn't affect the
delegation, but only decides what gets added to a path in certain
tasks - i.e. whether Ant adds the system classpath <javac>, forked
<junit> and similar setups (and if so, where).

<available> in 1.5 has an ignoresystemclasses attribute, but there is
no real solution for the general situation.

> (if so, then the either Ant build file is wrong, or the 'javac' task
> should also exhibit this behaviour)

The build file has probably not been written with build.sysclasspath
in mind.

Stefan