ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Questions about Ant
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 06:15:45 GMT
On 17 Jun 2002, Michel CASABIANCA <> wrote:

> o I remind that Ant was first part of the Tomcat project, and thus
>   labelled following the version number of Tomcat (version 1.0 came
>   after the 3.1).

Tomcat 3.1 bundled with a version of Ant that got used by many people,
but there hasn't been a real release of Ant.  In retrospect somebody
(Sam?) labeled this version 0.3.1 to show it was a pre-release (< 1)
and belonged to Tomcat 3.1.

1.1 has been the first official release.  Take a look at the history
section of Ant's FAQ.

> I noticed also that my collection of Ant tasks is not in the list of
> external tasks

What Steve said.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>