ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant1.5 and <style>
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:53:42 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Stephane Bailliez <stephane.bailliez@haht.com>
wrote:

> I understand, but it's a 'beta', right ? :o)

I remember at least one incident where we've been unable to remove
something from an "alpha".

> I would prefer to remove it now and that it breaks a couple of
> people rather than later and a large user base.

+0.1

Given that I had to fix #9554 and it has never worked in any Ant
version prior to 1.5beta3, pulling the attribute wouldn't do too much
harm.

> What if it is changed to support generic output properties such as
> <outputproperty name='' value''/> instead ?

If you rework it, it would be cool to do so without changing
XSLTLiaison (apart from removing setOutputtype) again - that way
liaison classes written for 1.5 could actually work for 1.6 (it would
be the first time a liaison could be used with two consecutive
releases 8-).

Stefan