ant-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: How do I debug what's in a path?
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2002 14:45:02 GMT
What's the problem again? I use NetBeans fairly regularly. I run it with
build.sysclasspath=ignore though....
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

"Shorn Tolley" <shorn_tolley@hotmail.com>
06/03/02 12:12 AM
Please respond to "Ant Developers List"

        To:     "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        How do I debug what's in a path?

Hi,

I'm trying to track down a build problem I'm having when building Ant from
within NetBeans (I actually have it working via two different workarounds
now, but I want to solve the problem).
The problem appears to be NetBeans, not Ant or the Ant build file.

I have a minimal project that works on the command line and doesn't work
in
NetBeans that I'm going to use to show the NB community what's going
wrong.

What I was wondering is: is there any way I can debug a path element?
I want to print out to the console eveything that's in a particular
classpath.
(This will make it easier to show explicitly whats going wrong)

The path element I want to debug (just like in the Ant build file) is
declared:
<path id="test.classpath">
</path>

What I'd like to do is something like:
<echopath pathref="test.classpath"/>

And that would print out all the elements of the classpath.
Does anyone know of anyway I can do something like this with Ant 1.4.1?

Thanks,
Shorn.