ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Wannamaker" <Ke...@Wannamaker.org>
Subject differences in target / depends
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:41:39 GMT
I'm tracking down a strange problem.  I have a custom
task that writes to stdout.  If I launch ant with a
target that contains this task, I get the output.

If I launch ant with a target which depends on the
target which contains the task, I don't receive the
output (even though both targets do execute).

The custom task writes to stdout (which I get in
both cases) then calles a java class via introspection
(Method.invoke).  This called class writes to stdout.
It is this output which I only receive when I launch
ant the first way.

I'm still doing some debugging but I thought I'd see
if anyone could come up with a good explanation off the
top of their heads.. I can't! :-)

Keith