ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Wannamaker" <Ke...@Wannamaker.org>
Subject FW: differences in target / depends
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:23:12 GMT
More info:  The problem is in the junit task.
The junit tasks swallows System.out for all
tasks that execute after it.

The only bug I can see from glancing at the
code is that JunitTestRunner restores System.out's
value to System.err.  While that appears incorrect,
I'm still tracking down why, in practice, my
(unforked) junit task never restores System.out.

I'm continuing to debug, but I encourage anyone
who is already familiar with this task to toss
out any ideas..

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Wannamaker [mailto:Keith@Wannamaker.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 11:42 AM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: differences in target / depends

I'm tracking down a strange problem.  I have a custom
task that writes to stdout.  If I launch ant with a
target that contains this task, I get the output.

If I launch ant with a target which depends on the
target which contains the task, I don't receive the
output (even though both targets do execute).

The custom task writes to stdout (which I get in
both cases) then calles a java class via introspection
(Method.invoke).  This called class writes to stdout.
It is this output which I only receive when I launch
ant the first way.

I'm still doing some debugging but I thought I'd see
if anyone could come up with a good explanation off the
top of their heads.. I can't! :-)

Keith