ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Burleson" <ant-de...@patrickburleson.com>
Subject RE: SOS commands, projectpath
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:53:56 GMT
Now I don't feel so bad that these things happened to us. For a while I just
thought we just weren't doing something right. Getting off of VSS and on to
CVS was the best decision the development team I work with ever made.

As for how to fix the problem? We always just fixed the working folder in
the GUI. It's the only way I know how.

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 1:50 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: SOS commands, projectpath

From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>
> what, you mean you expect in the near future that you will go a vss get
and
> find all your files and their history have disappeared?

We've already corrupted our VSS database twice during this project requiring
us to reconstruct a new one from the developers machines.  I kid you not.
This mostly was the fault of using VSS GUI over the wire rather than on a
LAN.

And when I use the <vss*> tasks from a local build to build from a VSS label
to a temporary directory (so as to not affect my development code) it screws
up my VSS GUI and changes the working directory to the temporary one I used
with the tasks.  Anyone know of a workaround to keep that from happening or
to set it back?

    Erik