ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan MacDonald" <drmac...@hotmail.com>
Subject javac -bootclasspath should use ClassLoader in CompilerAdapterFactory?
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 01:46:30 GMT
Hi,

If I create a javac task and provide a bootclasspath I expect it would/could
assist with locating the associated javac class.

The problem I'm seeing is the -bootclasspath is passed into the compile
method but not used to resolve the actual compiler during the initial
Class.forName() operation.

I believe if the bootclasspath was used to construct a ClassLoader from
which we passed to the Class.forName() during construction of the compiler
class I could at least in theory run a JRE 1.4 but compile using the javac
from any previous release that I could reference the associated rt.jar and
tools.jar.

The way it appears now, my -bootclasspath is not used to determine where my
compiler originates from and so I'm stuck with using the standard compiler
that I launched Ant with.

Thoughts or am I perhaps missing something?

Thanks,
Dan MacDonald