ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <Ste...@ignitesports.com>
Subject New Starteam SDK out - how to handle ant task?
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:59:27 GMT
A new version of the StarTeam SDK has been released to StarBase customers.  I have just begun
to take a look at it.  The company I work for will soon be plunging into the unknown as we
will be installing the new version.

What will it do to the ant task?  Nothing?  Break it?  Require dropping in the new jar?  Or
not?   I have no idea whether the old starteam-sdk.jar will work with the new version, whether
we simply need to code against the new sdk jar, or what we may or may not have to do to achieve
compatibility.  That is just for our own company.  What about the user community at large?

The question I have for the ant developers is how they have handled similar situations with
other optional tasks - what version do they choose to code to, how, if they must, have they
handled version incompatibilities within ant?  Will I have to build version detection logic?

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Ignite Sports, Inc.
stevec@ignitesports.com