ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <stephane.baill...@haht.com>
Subject Ant version check for optional.jar
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:17:22 GMT

Considering the large number of reports that relates to optional.jar and the
questions that comes over and over like:

'do you have optional.jar in ANT_HOME/lib'
'are you sure it is really optional.jar from Ant 1.x ?'

I think we'd better add the version number in
o/a/t/a/optional/version.txt, look for it at startup, and break if this is
not the good version.

optional.jar existence could be indicated when running ant -version.

Thoughts ?

note: I'm even wondering what it would be if it was printing the ant version
at the very first line for each run.

Apache Ant version 1.5 (optional: true)
Buildfile: build.xml
or
Apache Ant version 1.5 (optional: false)
Buildfile: build.xml

--
Stephane Bailliez
Software Engineer, Paris - France