ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <stephane.baill...@haht.com>
Subject RE: Problems with ReplaceRegex
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:30:26 GMT

aaah.. here we are... deep in shallow water :)
Welcome to the wonderful world of regexp, cross platform and bugs.

I highly recommend you to check the testcase about the different regexp
wrappers in Ant and you will get the problem in no time.

Check this first
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=101229498726598&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=101234036101113&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-oro-user&m=101234812923654&w=2

The order in which Ant looks for regexp implementation is:
JDK 1.4
Oro
Regexp

Otherwise you can force the implementation by using the property
ant.regexp.regexpimpl=org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp.JakartaOroRegexp

I recommend Oro for the reasons stated in the posts above.

Stephane