ant-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: Task to perform garbage collection
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:35:10 GMT

Hi,

The API docs say "Calling the gc method suggests that the Java Virtual
Machine expend effort toward recycling unused objects"

"Suggests" is the keyword and I've never really found this to be of much use
esp. with hotspot and the like (there again, our boxes all have tons of RAM
allocated to java :-)

But a <takeoutthetrash /> task just sounds *so* cool...

Les

<snip>