ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] axe DataType interface
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2002 06:35:38 GMT
At 10:23 AM 6/23/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>What do you think of getting rid of the DataType interface?  We'd keep the
>role, but drop the requirement that a data-type must implement the interface.

Im not a fan of it - but you already knew that. In effect if we were to put
this in we would be special casing the whole system. It would be better to do

if( datatype ) doMagic();
else doNormalStuff();

That way at least we explicitly list the special case.

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."
              - John Kenneth Galbraith

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>