ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject XDoclet stability was Re: more undocumented attrs
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:43:47 GMT
Hi,

At 07:26 AM 6/22/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>On a related note, I'm still using the old XDoclet and have not upgraded.
>Upgrading will require lots of refactoring because the API changed.

As related to this. Your on their development lists - can you tell me when
they are going to stabilize the API?

A whole chunk of my projects rely on XDoclet and I think it is a fantastic
tool. However every 2-3 weeks I end up having to completely rewrite some of
the tasks because the API changes. Is there a published API or anything
that is stable like that?

It is getting very frustrating - so much so that I just don't bother
updating the projects using xdoclet which of course causes a whole tree of
failures in Gump. The instability of XDoclet is also halting a proposal I
am trying to make in another project.

SO I guess I am asking when will it stop ? ;P

If the answer is not soon. Do you think it would be useful to do a quick
hack using normal javadoc tool and velocity. Basically small and simple
doing absolute minimum we need but at least stable? When/if XDoclet
stabilizes we can revert to it. Beside Velocity is so much more intuitive
for templating ;)

Cheers,

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."