ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject [myrmidon] Ugly hacks galore
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:04:28 GMT

I just committed some ugly hacks galore to myrmidon. Ignore them -
hopefully they will go away next tuesday ;) I played with a few things
today morning but none of them work. What I was thinking of doing was
extracting all the "data holding" classes and treating them specially.
These classes being

PropertyStore, TypeManager, RoleManager, and some sort of ServiceManager

These are all the things that absolutely need to be scoped. They are pITA
to implement as services and try to get them scoped and all that. So i was
going to handle them specially.

Once we make Deployer non-scoped that should make our system much simpler.

I was also thinking of merging the TypeManager+RoleManager together. The
reason they were separate was mainly due to the way cocoon was
architectured. However they have a different architecture to us because
their roles are defined at top-most scope. So do we at this stage but if we
go to scoping Roles then it makes more sense to merge them.

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."
              - John Kenneth Galbraith

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>