ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject [myrmidon] Deployer
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 02:46:31 GMT
Hi,

Someone was asking about the Deployer stuff and I went and was looking over
it. One thing I noticed that gave off a bad whiff was the fact that
DefaultDeployer is a scoped service. The main reason for this (I believe?)
is that it holds onto the RoleRegistry/TypeManager.

However I was thinking that the it would be nicer if instead of being
scoped it may be nicer to pass in a TaskContext like

typeDeployer = deployer.createDeployer( myLib, namespace, myTaskContext );
or
deployer.deployType( namespace, myTaskContext, typeDef );

This would allow us work with a single deployer across whole runtime. This
deployer would then access the TypeManager/RoleRegistry from
TaskContext.getService() and it "feels" a lot nicer.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."