ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/framework/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/framework/f actories ExecManagerFactory.java
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 05:52:29 GMT
At 01:37 PM 6/15/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 13:24, adammurdoch@apache.org wrote:
>
> >   * Changed ServiceRegistry.registerService() to take role + service
> > factory.
>
>The plan is to change registerService() so that it takes service meta-info,
>which would include the role (or a set of roles) and factory.
>
>Seems like this would be a good place to use the avalon component meta-info
>stuff - is it ready to use for something like this?  Or should I just bung
>together something temporary?

Haven't looked at your changes yet. I would hold off doing anything major
yet in either the Embeddor or the InstantiatingServiceFactory because they
will soon be rewritten. I will be in the office again on thursday so I can
commit it then.

The metainfo stuff has been mainly prototyped for myrmidon so it will
probably get in there soon. However it will be fairly raw for a few weeks ;)

Cheers,

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."
              - John Kenneth Galbraith