ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test infrastructure
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 01:45:40 GMT
At 06:20 PM 6/7/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 16:59, Peter Donald wrote:
>
> > >The types themselves are loaded via the classloader.
> >
> > ahh - thats prolly it. The TargetTask which is in antlib is required to
> > test the condition tasks? or maybe something else is going wonkey as I have
> > been moving along the path of deleting Target object and may have buggered
> > something up... actually thats probably it ;)
>
>Ok, they're failing now.
>
>There's a partial <target> task in the framework test directory, called
><simple-target> (for want of a better name).  The unit tests in framework use
>a project builder that maps <target> to <simple-target> (since <target>
isn't
>visible).  For some reason, either that project builder isn't being used, or
>it isn't getting a chance to do the mapping to <simple-target>.

Okay fixed it. It was due to the fact that I was using project URIs to
designate projects and the type of project was being stripped and thus the
test project builder never re-mapped target to simple-target. I have fixed
this up by always referring to projects via a ProjectDescriptor that
carries a URI and a type with it.