ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test infrastructure
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 06:59:20 GMT
At 04:45 PM 6/7/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:15, Peter Donald wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > test.basedir is passed into junit tests as the directory in which test
> > classes are compiled and that is used to get myrmidon.home. Some of the
> > Junit tests now fail as the directory pointed to does not have have
> > lib/core and thus none of the essential tasks get deployed (like TargetTask
> > etc).
>
>Which tests are failing?  The <for-each> tests? =)

Latest from CVS? Maybe I hadn't committed before you uhpdated ;)

>The framework and antlib tests all end up calling
>AbstractTaskTestCase.doExecuteTarget().  It sets myrmidon.home to
>${test.basedir}/dist, and creates that dir, plus dist/ext and dist/lib/core.
>But that's just to keep the extension manager happy.  They are left empty.

ok

>The types themselves are loaded via the classloader.

ahh - thats prolly it. The TargetTask which is in antlib is required to
test the condition tasks? or maybe something else is going wonkey as I have
been moving along the path of deleting Target object and may have buggered
something up... actually thats probably it ;)

>- Should run the tests against as close an approximation of a real install as
>possible.  The classloader hierarchy, in particular.  One of the reasons for
>adding <expect-error>, etc, is to move the test code into build files, to
>make this easier to do.

okay sounds good.

>- Move the unit test tasks into their own antlib, that can get included in
>the
>distro.

+1