ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Project/Module/Workspace etc
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:48:00 GMT
At 05:34 PM 6/6/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:06, Peter Donald wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Adam I noticed that you reverted a bunch of changes I was making
> > Project/Module/Workspace etc and I am just curious about your motivation
> > because it buggered up a bunch of my apps ;)
>
>Oops, sorry.  Have you read WARNING.txt? =)

:)

>I was just tidying stuff up, trying to rid of those rather ugly setFrame()
>and
>setWorkspace() methods.  There were a lot of changes mixed in there, but only
>the project refs thing was actually reverting one of your changes.

Yep it was ugly hacksville - just hadn't got around to finishing it ;)

Project and Target *are* still immutable, as far as thier clients are
>concerned.  DefaultProject isn't, that's only because of a couple of assembly
>methods (and not necessarily a bad thing).  All the execution state is in
>Workspace, so a GUI could definitely re-run a project using the same Project
>object, and different workspaces.

I thought you cached Project references? If referenced project changes will
it be reloaded in subsequent run? So project A refers to B does B get
reloaded. I could have sworn it wouldn't ;)

 > ProjectRef I reverted, because I didn't see any real need to expose them,
>whereas exposing them means that the referenced projects *have* to be
>accessable by URL and buildable as a top level project by the embeddor.

Is there a probelm with that? If there is a issue wrt to finding correct
builder then maybe we could a type param to projectRef element to indicate
builder that should be used and default to same builder  as current project
otherwise?

>How about some more details on what you were planning?

okay - will blurb it tomorrow