ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject [myrmidon] Project/Module/Workspace etc
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 06:06:53 GMT
Hi,

Adam I noticed that you reverted a bunch of changes I was making
Project/Module/Workspace etc and I am just curious about your motivation
because it buggered up a bunch of my apps ;)

I had intended that that Workspace be the interface from perspective of
tasks and thus they could just go

myWorkspace.executeTarget( "file:/some/file.xml", "main" );

But now they have to muck about with all sorts of internal brittle objects
(aka Project/Target objects). Worse these objects are no longer immutable
so when you are dealing with frontends such as a GUI and you want to be
able to re-run the project you are forced to reload the main project file
again for no good reason. You also  reverted the ProjectRef which was in
place for much the same reason ;(

Any reason for these changes?