ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Object oriented builds [was Mutant Documentation]
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:50:18 GMT

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> Maven is in the process of defining Build time plugins which can be written
> in Ant or other technologies.
>
> The plugins are defined using an xml file and can be downloaded on demand.
>
> Centipede already does something very similar....

Yes, it's what centipede does: just include the name of a .cent.jar
packahe you want to use, and it gets downloaded and unpacked, and the
tasks automatically loaded.
All this with standard Ant1.

The only problem is that we can call these tasks only with the
<ant> task, and this slows things down.

I'm changing the projecthelperimpl to accept an <include> tag and will
submit it shortly.

In this way we can use the normal ant dependency system :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -