ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Jar issues
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:02:12 GMT
I have fixed the bugs regarding the regeneration of jars with inline
manifests. I have made the default to merge manifests. This will result
in the return of the Created-By header in jar manifests.

In a somewhat related topic, I'm still concerned by this behaviour

"Note: if this attribute's value is not "skip", the created jar will not
be readable by using java.util.jar.JarInputStream"

I just don't think you could call such a result a jar. This is
especially the case since the end consumer of the jar may not be using
Ant and may not be aware of this caveat.

Thoughts?
Conor