ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: filter copy corrupts jars?
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:16:09 GMT
You could probably verify this by two ways:

  1. look at the exact size (down to the byte) of the
      jar before and after copy. If it's different after
      copy with token, even with no matches, the odds
      are it was opened and copied in text mode, and the copy
      attempted to deal with line endings.

  2. look at the source for the copy task. While probably
      the ideal solution, it may take a while to obtain the
      sources if you don't have them, and work your way
      through the code to find the answer.

Keith Wannamaker wrote:

> That's a reasonable explanation, I suppose, but
> does Java even have the notion of opening a file
> in binary or text mode?  Wonder if the native impls
> are consistent in this regard.
>
> Keith

on. Even if it doesn't match any