ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant RuntimeConfigurable.java UnknownElement.java
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 10:13:56 GMT
conor@apache.org wrote:
> conor       2002/06/09 03:04:07
>
>   Modified:    src/main/org/apache/tools/ant Tag: ANT_15_BRANCH
>                         RuntimeConfigurable.java UnknownElement.java
>   Log:
>   Allow RuntimeConfigurable to be reused
>   Do not replace UnknownElements with their actual class so redefinitions
>   get recreated.

This is a change for a pretty major bug in the current beta. Any
redefinition of a task in a taskdef will cause all such tasks to be run
without being configured. It is a side effect of the task invalidation scheme.

Anyway, this change fixes the problem and all test cases pass. Nevertheless,
as with any change in this area of Ant, it is probably worth being
scrutinised by as many eyes as possible. In particular the removal of the
code which replaces the unknown element with its actual class. I'm not sure
what other side effects this may cause.

Conor