ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.h...@olin.edu>
Subject [SUBMIT] Chgrp Task, Chown Task
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 19:29:25 GMT
I have written two new tasks, chgrp and chown. They work exactly like
the existing chmod task. In fact the way I wrote them was to split
Chmod.java into AbstractAccessTask.java  and a new Chmod.java which
subclasses this. Then it was extremly easy to tweak the new chmod task
into the two new tasks. The documentation I provide is basically the
chmod docs with the appropriate search/replaces too.

I have done this (and my symlink task previously submitted) because I
want to (insofar as possible) be able to store the contents of a
directory in CVS, delete the directory and then recreate an (almost)
exact copy of the directory by calling an ant target that checks stuff
out of cvs, recreates the links, and resets all the perms/ownerships

With these tasks this is now possible on unix platforms at least, with
the exception that the symlinks will get converted to canonical forms,
but this is as best I can tell an insurmountable limitation of java.

I hope you like these tasks and will want to include them.

Gus

(P.S. I'm not sure I like the name AbstractAccessTask even though I
picked it. Feel free to think of a better one.)