ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject selectors in myrmidon's vfs
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:18:16 GMT
I was just browsing  through some of the documentation of Myrmidon and came
to think of something when reading about the VFS.  Currently it seems like a
<v-fileset> in VFS is pretty much the same thing as a <fileset> in Ant1,
only that instead of <include> and <exclude> nodes it supports a variety of
selectors.  To get to the point: I think there should be some way of
grouping selectors inside a <selector-set> datatype which can be referenced
from <v-fileset>s.  This would somehow merge the concepts of patternsets and
selectors, or am I getting something wrong here?  As a pseudo example:

<selector-set id="java-sources">
 <basename pattern="*.java"/>
 <is-file/>
</selector-set>

<javac destdir="build/classes">
 <src-fileset dir="src">
  <selector-set refid="java-sources"/>
 </src-fileset>
</javac>

Similar to the <v-fileset> the <selector-set> would form an implicit <and>
selector (my assumption anyways).  <selector-set>s could also contain
further nested <selector-set>s in addition to regular selectors.

I suppose <selector-set>s could be used as a complement to other selectors
in a <v-fileset> as in:

<v-fileset dir="foo">
 <name pattern=""/>
 <selector-set refid="java-sources"/>
</v-fileset>

I think being able to reuse a set of selectors in different places can come
in very handy indeed.  But this was just an idea, and as I don't have any
deeper knowledge of myrmidon, this may be complete nonsense.

Cheers,

--
knut