ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: [SUBMIT] Xinclude task
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:03:54 GMT
Hi,

I was hoping that the <xinclude> task you submitted would actually allow me
to include some external file into the Ant buildfile.  I have been using the
<ejen> task (http://ejen.sourceforge.net/) for some time now, and with it
you can achieve the same effect as with <xinclude> and much more.  Just
thought I'd mention it here.

--
knut

.gz and build
the JAR yourself
(6) Make sure macfaq-xinclude.jar is in your CLASSPATH.
(7) Rebuild Ant with commands like 'cd jakarta-ant' and 'ant clean main'
(8) Unzip the attached ant-xinclude.example.tar.gz. It contains a single
directory named 'ant-xinclude-example' and in there:
* build.xml
* sample.xml
* head.xml
* body.xml
The sample.xml file includes body.xml and head.xml.
(9) Run the newly built Ant inside the directory. It generates a file called

out.xml that contains the contents of sample.xml with body.xml and head.xml
in it. The example is very straight-forward.

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ