ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Templating, and Container stuff
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:25:08 GMT
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:10, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't get to rework the templating stuff today (work decided to throw an
> end of financial year munchies fest) so it is still in a massively
> primitive state and uses oodles of memory etc. However I figured I would
> upload it so you can see how it looks.

Cool, thanks.  I'll have a play with it over the weekend.  I guess now I need
fix the deployer, so that these templates can end up in antlibs.

> Also I have been working on another container that will replace the
> Embeddor and 90% of the serviceManager/ServiceKernel code in myrmidon. It
> is slowly coming together and starting to look good. ie Can drop in
> services anytime and add child kernels without breaking integrity of system
> and building child frames becomes much easier.

Awesome.

> The only problem is that it uses XDoclet from a while back. The main reason
> is that the current XDoclet only works with Ant1.5+ while Avalon needs to
> remain compatible with ant1.4.1 until 1.5 is officially released. So I am
> not sure what to do. I can have two versions of XDoclet stuff (currently in
> excalibur/containerkit) for each version or maybe just hold of integrating
> it into myrmidon until a bit later?

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the ServiceKernel in action.  Perhaps we
can hand-code the generated stuff for the time being, or generate with ant
1.4 and check it into cvs, or something.  We don't have that many services to
deal with, and they're pretty stable atm (at least as far as their
dependencies go).

--
Adam