ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: pointer on making <copy> fail on file not found
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:22:59 GMT
--- Kevin McGinn <> wrote:
> I noticed in your code clip that make use of the <foreach> task. What
> version of ant are you using? I am uisng the 1.5.1 Beta, but I can not
> find any reference to that task in either the documentation or the
> include jar files. I have use for such a task if I can determine which
> version of ant contains that task.

Oops -- sorry. I use the antcontrib tasks so regularly that I sometimes
forget other people don't :)  The <foreach> task is one of the tasks
available from the antcontrib project on Sourceforge. The full list (for
now) is: if, foreach, trycatch, switch, propertycopy, osfamily. There's
also a compile task for C/C++ in the works. You can get the latest nightly
jar at:
then use:
  <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/"/>
to define all the tasks.

I don't think there's any docs, but there are comments at the top of each
source file that include usage info. To see the source, go to:

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message